Establishment of Commission
3. (1) There is hereby established a body corporate by the name of “Suruhanjaya Tenaga” with perpetual succession and a common seal, and which may sue and be sued in its corporate name.
(2) Subject to and for the purposes of this Act, the Commission may enter into contracts and may acquire, purchase, take, hold, and enjoy movable and immovable property of every description and may convey, assign, surrender, yield up, charge, mortgage, demise, reassign, transfer, or otherwise dispose of, or deal with, any movable or immovable property or any interest vested in the Commission upon such terms as it deems fit.
4. (1) The Commission shall have a common seal which shall bear a device approved by the Commission and the seal may from time to time be broken, changed, altered and made anew as the Commission may think fit.
(2) Until a seal is provided by the Commission, a stamp bearing the words “Suruhanjaya Tenaga” may be used and shall be deemed to be the common seal of the Commission.
(3) The common seal shall be kept in the custody of the Chairman or any other person authorized by the Commission, and shall be authenticated by either the Chairman or such person as may be authorized by the Chairman in writing.
(4) All deeds, documents and other instruments purporting to be sealed with the seal and duly authenticated shall, until the contrary is proven, be deemed to have been validly executed.
(5) Any deed, documents or other instrument which, if executed by a person not being a body corporate, is not required to be under seal may in like manner be executed by a member of the Commission